We'll Friday 1st December was the Nunwood Christmas do. The Ex-rba's aware of the weekend ahead and anxious not to make a tit of themselves in front of new colleagues decided that they would take it a little easier than usual. Our arrival saw drinks being served by christmassy and half naked man and woman. 6 glasses of free champagne later and the plan was out the window. The bar was also free for the first few hours so add a few glasses of wine and the plan couldn't even be recalled. The only things I can say for certain are that I really don't like high heels, I fell over on the dance floor (technically I was pushed by someones erratic dancing) and I remember enough of the sequence of events and am quite sure everyone else was also sooo drunk not to bee too concerned about what ever I might have said to people.
Once we were asked to leave the bar because the staff didn't fancy staying up all night, Natalie and I decided to carry on with Ian (who works in the London office) at the townhouse. I smashed my big toe on the way (the bruising appeared on Sunday). I bought us each a pint (why oh why can I remember my pin when drunk!?) and then we realised we really couldn't drink them. The townhouse staff also decided they wanted to go home so asked us to leave. Natalie tried to smuggle a pint out but as she shouted across the now empty bar "Oi are you two not bringing yours" the bouncers cottoned on to her plan and relieved her of the pint glass up her sleeve.
The next morning Becky informed me that once again she had heard me come in. More precisely she heard me fall down the stairs (as she said this I had a sudden recollection of the feeling of falling). She heard the thud and as she was about to check on me heard me laughing and saying "no, no Nat, i just fell down the stairs". I now recall lying on the floor chatting to Natalie, as I said earlier I really don't like high heels!
Saturday, 16 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment